The Resource Nim's Island
- Nim's Island
- Statement of responsibility
- Walden Media ; produced by Paula Mazur ; co-produced by Alan Edward Bell ; screenplay by Joseph Kwong & Paula Mazur and Mark Levin & Jennifer Flackett ; directed by Jennifer Flackett, Mark Levin
- Electronic mail systems -- Drama.
- Youth -- Feature.
- Correo electrÃ3nico -- Teatro.
- Fathers and daughters -- Drama.
- Adventure -- Feature.
- DVD recording for the hearing impaired.
- Electronic mail messages -- Drama.
- Comedy films.
- Family -- Feature.
- Father-daughter relationship -- Drama.
- Comedy -- Feature.
- Characters and characteristics in literature -- Drama.
- Padre e hija -- Teatro.
- Island ecology -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Adventure films.
- Fictitious characters -- Drama.
- Women authors, American -- Drama.
- Nim Rusoe is a young girl who inhabits an isolated island with her scientist father and communicates, via e-mail, with the reclusive author of the novel she has been reading. Nim's existence mirrors that of her favorite literary character, Alex Rover, the world's greatest adventurer. But Alexandra, the author of the Rover books, leads a reclusive life in the big city. When Nim's father goes missing from the island, Nim gets Alexandra to come to her island. Now, the two must draw courage from their fictional hero, Alex Rover, and find strength in one another to conquer the island
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Stuart Dryburgh ; editor, Stuart Levy ; music, Patrick Doyle ; costume designer, Jeffrey Kurland ; production designer, Barry Robinson
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: PG; for mild adventure action and brief language
- Language note
- English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish dialogue, English or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned
- LC call number
- LC item number
- N567 2008
- Abigail Breslin, Jodie Foster, Gerard Butler
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Nim's Island
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Nim's Island
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/1vML_tNSRXI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/1vML_tNSRXI/">Nim's Island</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...