The Resource The best advice I ever got : lessons from extraordinary lives, Katie Couric
- The best advice I ever got : lessons from extraordinary lives, Katie Couric
- Title remainder
- lessons from extraordinary lives
- Statement of responsibility
- Katie Couric
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 257-262)
- Born on a sunny day -- pt. 1. You've gotta have moxie: on courage and self-confidence. Life is not a recipe / Mario Batali -- Ask, and ye shall receive / Gail Collins -- Don't be your own worst enemy / Bill Cosby -- Courage is the ultimate career move / Anna Quindlen -- Beware of fear / Helen Mirren -- A lot of Greek chutzpah / Arianna Huffington -- Develop your own brand of self-confidence / David L. Calhoun -- Fortune favors the bold / George Lopez -- Don't be afraid of being afraid / Maria Shriver -- What's the worst that could happen? / Susan Stroman -- Be lucky / Tony Hsieh -- pt. 2. The bank of experience: on hard work and tenacity. It's not about the forty seconds / Apolo Ohno -- Pay attention! / Chelsea Handler -- The real eighty percent / Michael Bloomberg -- Be humbled by what you don't know / Jeff Immelt -- Know everything you can / Donald J. Trump -- No job is small / Ellen Johnson Sirleaf -- Always do your best / Jimmy Carter -- Learn how to listen / Larry King -- In good times and in bad / Muhtar Kent -- The hardest-working guy in showbiz / Ryan Seacrest -- Determination makes the difference / Robin Roberts -- Listen and learn / Steven Spielberg -- pt. 3. Never give in: on pluck and perseverance. Use adversity as an opportunity / Drew Brees -- Fall down and get back up / Michelle Kwan -- You don't have the luxury of negative thought / Christina Applegate -- Face history and make history / Ken Chenault -- You were just having trouble / Matthew McConaughey -- You quit, you fail / Morgan Freeman -- Against apparent odds, never give up / Raul de Molina -- Fail better / Tavis Smiley -- Life is unfair / Valerie Plame -- pt. 4. Be unreasonable: on passion and dreams. Think about what is valuable / Biz Stone -- Get excited about your life / "Dr. Phil" McGraw -- The question / Alicia Keys -- Follow your bliss / Barbara Walters -- If you love doing it, you'll be very good at it / Ina Garten -- "Here is life..." / Joyce Carol Oates -- Get off the sidelines! / Chris Evert -- Trust your gut / Hugh Jackman -- Oh, Miss Midler... / Marc Shaiman -- I don't want to be reasonable / Matt Goldman -- Inspiration lives in unexpected places / Phil Stanton -- Be an untouchable, do what you love / Thomas Friedman -- Commit with your whole heart / Wynton Marsalis -- Life by design / Vera Wang --
- pt. 5. Minute particulars: on doing what's right. Momo's rules / Bob Schieffer -- Real success / General Ray Odierno -- Through other eyes / Rania Al Abdullah -- Be open to other people / Jay Leno -- Top ten pieces of advice I just made up for myself--see if any help you / Gloria Steinem -- Never play hide-and-seek with the truth / Madeleine K. Albright -- Be polite / Nia Vardalos -- Do what is right, not what is easy / Suze Orman -- Take time to know yourself / BeyoncÃ© -- Take time to really listen / Mehmet Oz, M.D. -- Remember where you come from / Kevin, Joe, and Nick Jonas -- Do the best you can / Sheryl Crow -- Be a skeptic, not a cynic / Thomas Friedman -- Do unto others / Whoopi Goldberg -- pt. 6. Don't let the turkeys get you down: on rejection and resilience. Don't give up, just lie / Kathryn Stockett -- Don't turn on your greatest asset / Malcolm Gladwell -- Don't listen to can't / Davis Guggenheim -- SMIZE ... with your booty / Tyra Banks -- Angela's asterisks / Salman Rushdie -- It doesn't matter where you start / Colin Powell -- Never read your own reviews / Laura Linney -- Gather the good things / Martha Stewart -- Sadness / M. Night Shyamalan -- Push beyond prejudice / Soledad O'Brien -- pt. 7. Everyone needs a cheerleader: on mentors and encouragement. Thank you, Colonel Shaki / Christiane Amanpour -- Willard's way / Al Roker -- Have faith, not fear / Wes Moore -- The power of words / Alex Rodriguez -- My other (less neurotic) half / Curtis Sittenfeld -- In defense of class clowns / Jay Leno -- Curb your enthusiasm, please / Larry David -- Get over yourself / Ellen Levine -- Hurry up and take your time / Craig Ferguson -- You never stop learning / Maria Elena Salinas -- Not going through it ... growing through it / Mo'Nique -- The sky's the limit / Melinda Gates --
- pt. 8. Look outside yourself: on commitment and contribution. Do something lasting / Ken Burns -- Commit to something bigger than yourself / Jacqueline Novogratz -- Empathy opens doors / Meryl Streep -- Not every path should be linear / John Wood -- Give of yourself / Lisa Ling -- Everything you need is everything you have / Maggie Doyne -- Giving is living / Mitch Ablom -- Be grateful / Michael J. Fox -- You're sitting on a winning lottery ticket ... invest it wisely / Scott Case -- Be a good citizen / William J. Clinton -- pt. 9. What boats are built for: on taking risks and seeking opportunity. Be true to yourself / Ellen DeGeneres -- Find your next adventure / Condoleezza Rice -- Sometimes you gotta go off course / Matt Lauer -- Be comfortable with the uncomfortable / General David H. Petraeus -- Run fast, but don't run scared / Fareed Zakaria -- Opportunity will find you / Indra Nooyi -- Life is a series of happy accidents / Jane Lynch -- When there isn't a right choice... / Marissa Mayer -- Say yes / Eric Schmidt -- Make your own path / Maya Angelou -- A cold bucket of water / Ruth J. Simmons -- Yes ... and that's the word / Stephen Colbert -- Take chances / Steve Martin -- pt. 10. Find the joy: on wisdom and happiness. Wisdom you can eat / Jimmy Kimmel -- Dare to be happy / Jane Aronson, M.D. -- Advice I wish I'd taken / Julie Bowen -- Don't miss out on life / David Axelrod -- Marry your conscience / Jay Leno -- Find your magic / Jorge Ramos -- What I've learned from Elmo / Kevin Clash -- Feast on your life / Rosario Dawson -- Ten ways to avoid mucking up the world any worse than it already is / Russell Baker -- Positive energy is the new pink / Wendy Walker -- But mostly, have a really fun time / Eric Stonestreet -- Doing the best we can. Before I die / Edmund N. Carpenter, II
- Control code
- 25 cm.
- 1st ed.
- xxiv, 262 p.
- Isbn Type
ContextContext of The best advice I ever got : lessons from extraordinary lives, Katie Couric
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance The best advice I ever got : lessons from extraordinary lives, Katie Couric
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/1qxQUpXyr9M/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/1qxQUpXyr9M/">The best advice I ever got : lessons from extraordinary lives, Katie Couric</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...