The Resource The family Romanov : murder, rebellion & the fall of Imperial Russia
- The family Romanov : murder, rebellion & the fall of Imperial Russia
- Statement of responsibility
- Candace Fleming
- Soviet Union -- History -- Revolution, 1917-1921 -- Juvenile literature.
- Romanov, House of, -- History
- Romanov, House of -- Juvenile literature.
- Alexandra, Empress, consort of Nicholas II, Emperor of Russia, 1872-1918
- Russia -- History -- Nicholas II, 1894-1917 -- Juvenile literature.
- Young adult literature.
- YALSA Award for Excellence in Nonfiction for Young Adults Award: Finalist -- 2015.
- Nicholas, II, Emperor of Russia, 1868-1918 -- Family -- Juvenile literature.
- Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Award: Honor Book -- 2015.
- Nicholas, II, Emperor of Russia, 1868-1918 -- Family
- When Russia's last tsar, Nicholas II, inherited the throne in 1894, he was unprepared to do so. With their four daughters (including Anastasia) and only son, a hemophiliac, Nicholas and his reclusive wife, Alexandra, buried their heads in the sand, living a life of opulence as World War I raged outside their door and political unrest grew into the Russian Revolution. Maneuvering between the lives of the Romanovs and the plight of Russia's peasants and urban workers -- and their eventual uprising -- Fleming draws a poignant portrait, complete with period photographs and primary source material
- History books -- Europe | Russia
- Russia -- Rulers
- Peasantry -- Russia
- Biographies -- Politics | Royalty
- Russia -- Politics and government -- 1894-1917
- Revolutions -- Russia
- Assassination -- Russia -- History
- Royal houses -- Russia
- Narrative nonfiction for kids and teens
- Peasant uprisings -- Russia
- Russia -- History -- Nicholas II, 1894-1917
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2015
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2014
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Nonfiction, 2015.
- Golden Kite Award for Nonfiction, 2015.
- Keystone to Reading Book Award (Pennsylvania), High School level, 2016
- Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Young Adult Literature, 2014.
- NCTE Orbis Pictus Nonfiction Award, 2015.
- School Library Journal Best Books: Nonfiction, 2014
- Awards note
- Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Award Honor Book (2015); YALSA Award for Excellence in Nonfiction for Young Adults Award Finalist (2015)
- Boston Globe/Horn Book Nonfiction Award, 2015
- Biography type
- collective biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- Intended audience
- Ages 12-17
- Intended audience source
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .F5725 2014
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Target audience
ContextContext of The family Romanov : murder, rebellion & the fall of Imperial Russia
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The family Romanov : murder, rebellion & the fall of Imperial Russia
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/1-Fu5GyKcuc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/1-Fu5GyKcuc/">The family Romanov : murder, rebellion & the fall of Imperial Russia</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...