The Resource Genesis : Truman, American Jews, and the origins of the Arab/Israeli conflict
- Genesis : Truman, American Jews, and the origins of the Arab/Israeli conflict
- Title remainder
- Truman, American Jews, and the origins of the Arab/Israeli conflict
- Statement of responsibility
- John B. Judis
- Arab-Israeli conflict -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Truman, Harry S, 1884-1972 -- Relations with Jews.
- Arab-Israeli conflict -- Causes.
- Zionism -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Israel -- Foreign relations -- United States.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1945-1953.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Israel.
- Truman, Harry S, 1884-1972
- "A probing look at one of the most incendiary subjects of our time--the relationship between the United States and Israel There has been more than half a century of raging conflict between Jews and Arabs--a violent, costly struggle that has had catastrophic repercussions in a critical region of the world. In Genesis, John B. Judis argues that, while Israelis and Palestinians must shoulder much of the blame, the United States has been the principal power outside the region since the end of World War II and as such must account for its repeated failed efforts to resolve this enduring strife. The fatal flaw in American policy, Judis shows, can be traced back to the Truman years. What happened between 1945 and 1949 sealed the fate of the Middle East for the remainder of the century. As a result, understanding that period holds the key to explaining almost everything that follows--right down to George W. Bush's unsuccessful and ill-conceived effort to win peace through holding elections among the Palestinians, and Barack Obama's failed attempt to bring both parties to the negotiating table. A provocative narrative history animated by a strong analytical and moral perspective, and peopled by colorful and outsized personalities, Genesis offers a fresh look at these critical postwar years, arguing that if we can understand how this stalemate originated, we will be better positioned to help end it"--
- Israel -- Foreign relations -- United States
- History writing -- Middle East -- Arab-Israeli relations
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Israel
- Arab-Israeli conflict
- Israeli-Palestinian relations
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1945-1953
- History writing -- United States -- Post World War II - 1959
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .J83 2014
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Genesis : Truman, American Jews, and the origins of the Arab/Israeli conflict
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Genesis : Truman, American Jews, and the origins of the Arab/Israeli conflict
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/0uMSNMmkRRA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/0uMSNMmkRRA/">Genesis : Truman, American Jews, and the origins of the Arab/Israeli conflict</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...